Posted on May 12, 2014
When the “Click It or Ticket” campaign began in 2002, more than a decade ago, only three out of every four Texans buckled up. Texas currently ranks seventh in the nation for overall seat belt use, and 94 percent of Texan motorists now buckle up.
But who is still not buckling up?
– Men use seat belts less often than women.
– Teens and young adults are not wearing their seat belts.
– Passengers are less likely to buckle up than drivers.
– Pickup truck drivers are less likely to buckle up than other drivers.
– Pickup passengers are the LEAST likely to use a safety belt: Only 80 percent of pickup passengers buckle up compared to 92 percent of passengers in all other types of vehicles!
Posted by TxDOT Traffic SafetyShare